Internship Opportunity at Konzertdirektion Schmid UK
Based in Covent Garden, our boutique classical music management agency is seeking an ambitious and confident intern with an interest in classical music. The candidate must display good organisational/prioritisation skills, an advanced ability to communicate with clients and with different levels of staff, and have a keen eye for detail. A substantial proportion of the role is working within a busy team, however, initiative to work independently is also important.
Daily tasks range from supporting various teams and staff members; to working on your own projects. By working closely with experienced artist managers and administrators you will gain first-hand experience and a working knowledge of the classical music industry through the eyes of artist managers and the artists themselves.
We are particularly interested in applicants with a sound knowledge of classical music. You should also demonstrate a willingness to learn more about the international concert industry. The role is ideal for recent graduates, and also open to university students seeking an internship opportunity running in parallel to their studies, as such a part-time
internship position will be considered. Ability to speak another language, especially German or Spanish, would be beneficial however not essential.
Post available: From late November 2017 for 3-4 months (dates negotiable). We are also interested in receiving applications for 2018.
Hours: 9.30 – 17:30 Monday – Friday (negotiable).
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to provide feedback wherever possible. However, due to a high number ofapplications if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Role & Responsibilities
1) Artist Administration Support
To carry out various artist-related tasks as directed by Administrator, Associate or Artist Manager.
Duties can include:
- Updating information on artists diary systems and e-filing
- Managing the artists’ recording archive in the office
- Assisting in visa applications
2) PR Administration
Some PR Administration in collaboration with relevant Administrator/Associate/Artist Manager. Duties can include:
- Circulating daily press summaries
- Researching and pasting concert reviews and artist press
- Maintaining general update of press materials
3) Staff travel
As directed by Associate/Artist Manager:
- Arranging and preparing business meetings in office and away from office
- Researching and booking flights and hotels for staff members
- Arranging briefings
- Producing itineraries
- Preparing meeting materials
- Recording staff expenses
4) Office administration
To carry out various tasks as directed by Administrator, Associate or Artist Manager:
- Answering the general line as the first point of contact to callers
- Taking care of incoming and outgoing posts
- Supporting the smooth running of an office